Date & Times
January 26, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
VENUE:The Norris Group
1845 Chicago Ave, Suite C
Riverside, CA 92507 United States
ORGANIZER:The Norris Group
John Bohannon of BuildZig on the Real Estate Radio Show
This week Bruce Norris is joined by John Bohannon. He is one of the partners in BuildZig, and he has a lot of experience in the builder control industry. He is on the company called Builder Control Inc, a funds disbursement company that has evaluated and inspected thousands of construction projects from single-family to large subdivisions to commercial. John is a great person to talk to since we are in the phase where it looks like we will have more new construction.
John took his interest in shop class in elementary school and has turned it into a career. He is the director of business development at BuildZig, a funds control firm that’s been in the industry since 1936. John is a Licensed General Contractor, Certified Construction Inspector (CCI), Registered Home Inspector (RHI), and Certified Review Appraiser (CRA).
Topics we will be covering include:
- What is funds control?
- Who uses it?
- When did the industry begin and why
- What are the costs involved?
- Does funds control mean monitor quality? Legality? Proper building?
- Is funds control monitoring permits along the way?
- What changed during the Great Recession? SB978 here in California?
- Did any other states implement something similar?
- What are the biggest mistakes funds control catches?
If you’re in the Inland Empire, tune in live to KTIE 590am. Or you can listen to the show on your favorite podcast service.